Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekend Bits

Saturday was Mama's Day Out. Didz kicked me out of the house and took the bug for the whole day. It was wonderful and relaxing and I'm so grateful to him for giving me the day to go play with my darling friend Allyson. We brunched at The Black Cat and then spent the afternoon browsing and buying and meeting wonderful and inspirational people at the Echo Park Craft Fair. (There was also an incident involving me nearly shoplifting a ring that I tried on and walked away with... I was halfway across the room when I realized I was still wearing it. I was mortified and apologized a million times when I brought it back... Didz told me he wouldn't have been so quick to bail me out of jail, and would've left me in there for a day or two to think about what I'd done. Thanks for the love and support, husband.)

Sunday morning was straight out of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day and nothing was going my way. It was just one of those days, and when I didn't think it could get any worse, I burned my thumb on a hot cookie sheet. I cried, and then laughed, and then hugged Didz and told him I'm moving to Australia. Luckily, I was able to shake myself off, and we all had a fantastic afternoon and evening, wounded thumb and all. A gingerbread house making party, followed by an evening at a BAR (!!!) without the BABY (!!!) listening to some of my favorite people perform.




We'll be spending this week enjoying this glorious weather (I'm in shorts and a t-shirt today), and going to the park, and wrapping presents and taking lots of naps.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment