Thursday, March 15, 2012

Twenty-Nine.

Yesterday was my birthday... it was also, magically, was the first picture perfect spring day we've had this year. I didn't do anything special, but went for a nice long walk around town soaking in the sunshine. It felt like the whole world was outside... every last inch of grass at the park was occupied by people lounging, all the outdoor cafes were bustling... I'm pretty sure everyone played hooky from work and school to spend the day in the sun. It was wonderful!


In the evening a few friends came by to drop off a gift for me - such a great surprise! (Thanks again, guys!) Didz made dinner (and did the dishes, too!) - but there was no wild party or evening out because poor old Didz had to study for an exam.... We'll make up for it this weekend, though, as the birthday celebrations continue. I did however, bake myself some cupcakes (because what's a birthday without sweet treats?). I thought about just making one, though the thought of dividing a recipe in twelfths gave me a headache... so what the hell, I made all 12 and am in the process of dying a slow, cupcakey death as I devour every last one.....


I used my darling friend Sigita's amazing Sigicakes recipe - and while they're certainly not as pretty as her perfect little cupcakes, they taste absolutely divine... I'm willing to bet even Sigi herself would think so! 


Thank you to all of you who sent birthday love yesterday... I wish we could all celebrate together and you could help me eat all these cupcakes! Sending you all a virtual hug and a glass of champagne! xo


7 comments:

  1. I would happily eat one of those cupcakes. That's how much I love you. :)
    Keep celebrating!!!! xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This next one I'm about to eat is all for you, doll... Maybe I'll get crazy and dunk it in my coffee like a donut. woah.

      Delete
  2. We were all there in spirit, definitely eating cupcakes with you! Hopefully you can feel this virtual hug <<>> too. And yes to continuing the celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best hug ever... thank you darling! I'll be channeling your moves when I hit the dancefloor to do the birthday boogie this weekend :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes look so yummy...

    And yes, thank god the sun is coming out!


    Minted Magazine

    mintedmag.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ilgiausiu (belated) metu !

    Meatz

    ReplyDelete