Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Pops!




Happy Birthday to the man who taught me how to ride a bike... then taught me how to get really, really drunk on a bike during our traditional family Tour de Bars bike rides. To the man who would take me out on dates to dinner and movies long before I was old enough to date... and showed me exactly the type of man I want to spend the rest of my life with (Didz is eerily similar to my dad in a lot of ways). To the man who bought me my first real camera, and instilled in me a love of photography. To the man who encourages me to be the very best version of myself that I can possibly be, and is always up for an evening of beers (or tequila) and Bruce in the basement bar.



In a couple months, when he comes to Belgium to meet his granddaughter, I promise to make him this cake - the perfect marriage of two of his favorite things: Guinness and chocolate. And we'll eat, and drink and celebrate... but for now, I'll toast to him from afar with my glass of water and send all my love across the world.

Ilgiausiu Metu!
Myliu!


No comments:

Post a Comment