Friday, September 14, 2012

Signs of Fall

Sometime last week, my facebook newsfeed was inundated with declarations of the arrival of fall: "It's officially fall! Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are back at Starbucks!" It seemed like every one of my (lady) friends posted about their first PSL of the season... It made me laugh, especially since many of those declarations came from friends in warm weather towns, where seasons (like fall and winter) don't really exist.

Fall has found us here in Belgium, too, but without a Starbucks in sight I've had to use other clues to deduce it's arrival:

1. After a sleepy summer, the town is alive and bustling again with the return of all the University students buzzing by on their bicycles rushing to class. The energy and noise and crowded streets are invigorating - though I've already almost been mauled by packs of bicyclists speeding WAY too fast and not paying attention to pedestrians.

2. Socks and Scarves. I opened my sock drawer for the first time in months yesterday... Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to put on socks when you're nearly 9 months pregnant??

3. The crazy carnival is back... Just like last year, the main town square has transformed into a completely wacky carnival complete with games, rides, and screaming children hopped up on sweets running wild like banshees.

Yes, friends, it's fall...







...enjoy a Pumpkin Spiced Latte for me, I'll be snacking on some escargots from Hamburger City :)


1 comment:

  1. Dang, can't believe I'm missing the carnival and escargots!

    ReplyDelete