Friday, January 11, 2013

Family Photos


When I found out I was pregnant I spent a lot of time thinking about the future - specifically, what kind of future I want for my baby. In my (almost) 30 years I have had the opportunity to live in some of the best cities in the world: Boston, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Madrid, San Diego, Brooklyn, Toronto and Leuven. I thought I wanted a similar upbringing for my daughter - filled with big cities, diverse experiences, interesting people and new places.... that is, until I found these incredible family photos by Alain Laboile. 








They document his family's life in the French countryside - making childhood look like the idyllic adventure it's meant to be. Whether they're naked and splashing in mud puddles, swinging on a rope swing, riding bikes, or playing with their kittens - these photos convey such a sense of happiness, humor, wonder and nostalgia. It makes me want to move to France and give my little bug these same childhood joys.

See the rest of his family album here.

Have a wonderful weekend!


3 comments:

  1. First, I love that you listed Brooklyn as its own city: YES!
    Second, this totally falls into Didz plan to either live in a big city or way out country.

    Third, children find adventures anywhere. I had a friend raised in BK and I was kinda jealous that his kidventures were jumping across rooftops and befriending then chasing pigeons, and getting to play in the snow just outside on the street. However, I had the canyon and bikes and beach getaways and desert and mountain trips that were lovely in a different way. With the love she is growing up in, the bug will have great childhood joys in their own form. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envision many amazing photoshoots w Cito and Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!

    Yes, you need to fulfill your goals and become "maman!" and "papa!" by the time lil Ina can speak :) This can become a reality..! Oh and to think we were joking over those glasses of Leffe.

    xo

    ReplyDelete