Monday, December 3, 2012

Shaggy Dog

There's an old, scruffy, shaggy dog who belongs to my favorite flower shop. He cruises up and down the little cobblestone street, overseeing all the activity from the fish shop to the cheese shop like a boss... 


My favorite time of day, however, is when he visits the pasta shop next door...


It's like a scene straight out of Lady and the Tramp... the fat Italian chef always throws him some scraps. I just hope good ol' Shags is lucky enough to score a spaghetti kiss from his own Lady one of these days.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Ours was spent drinking hot mulled wine and nuzzling the little bug (who, in the past couple days has totally mastered her heart-melting smile). This morning, we woke up to snowfall (which turned into a sopping rain)... but the arrival of snow means I'm going into hibernation for yet another winter. Send wine. And cookies.

So long friends, wake me up when Spring is upon us... :)

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about mulled wine the other day, and of course, you, as that is where my mind goes when I think of it!
    If you catch this dog nosing a meatball to a lady dog, please photograph immediately. In fact, I think you should carry around a boombox with "Bella Notte" cued up just in case.

    ReplyDelete