Friday, October 14, 2011

Pear Almond Tart

While I'm known to be a summer gal (being raised in LA will do that to you), there are certain things I just love about fall.... scarves, chunky sweaters, the crisp cool air, and smell of fresh baked goodies in our apartment. Fall makes me want to bake. Not to say I don't bake year-round, more often than not there's fresh baked cookies at home... But in the cooler weather, baking just feels better. This afternoon I made a Pear Almond Tart. I used this easy recipe, and it came out better than I could've expected. I made a couple minor adjustments to the recipe - a little less butter (one whole cup is a little much, even for a butter-lovin' girl like myself), and I only used about half the sugar topping (and it was still perfectly sweet). And since I don't have a tart pan, I used the round springform that I have (since I don't think Didz would be too impressed if I came home with yet another kitchen accessory).

The biggest challenge? Not eating the entire thing in one sitting...





I have a feeling I'll be making this several times this season... maybe even on Monday for the arrival of our first visitor! (So excited.)

Have a lovely weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment