Thursday, May 3, 2012

Emotional tsunami (and some muffins)

Friends, we cannot begin to describe the overwhelming sense of gratitude we feel - all your messages, emails, and comments about the little brussel sprout under my shirt have blown us away. If it takes a village to raise a child, this little one is going to have the most incredible, international, global village of the most wonderful people helping guide him or her through life. For that, we thank you.


In return for the kindness you've expressed, I made you some muffins.


Not just any muffins.... zucchini muffins! They are amazing... and I ate the entire tray (but that's allowed, cause I'm pregnant, right?). I went through a phase - the summer before I moved to New York, when I was still living in Santa Monica and working on the beach - where I would get a zucchini muffin and a coffee from the little bakery up the street, hop in my convertible and cruise down to the beach for a (very stressful) day of work. That seems like eons ago... before I went to fashion school, fell in love, turned Canadian, got married, moved to Belgium and now, prepare to welcome babyDidz™ into the world. But one bite of a zucchini muffin still takes me back to the beach...

If you'd like to be transported to the beach, or wherever a bite of zucchini muffin might take you, you can find the recipe here.


Eat them, dear friends. And enjoy. 

1 comment:

  1. You are totally entitled to eat the whole tray and then some.

    Glad the brussel sprout is part of such an excited and caring village!

    I'll wave to your old CA digs for you as I drive by this week.

    ReplyDelete