Thursday, July 19, 2012

Let's taco bout it...

Yesterday there was a beach volleyball tournament happening in the middle of our town square - yes, beach volleyball. No, we don't live anywhere near the beach, but the town brought in truckloads of sand to construct volleyball courts in the middle of the square by the main library. I'm not quite sure what they were thinking, seeing as it rains every five minutes in this country (like right now, for example)... but they certainly lucked out and yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day. Perfect for beach volleyball in the city.


The Californian in me wanted to get out there and show them how it's done... nevermind the fact that I'm pregnant and out of shape. But instead, I channeled my inner SoCal spirit in the best way I know how and made shrimp tacos for dinner. 


I sauteed the shrimp with some garlic, onion, cajun spices and a hearty squeeze of lime, then made a little guacamole, some salsa fresca and topped each taco off with a little drizzle of a spicy cilantro sauce.  They were perfectly zingy, and so good. The only thing that was missing was a nice margarita to wash them down with... sigh...

Have a margarita for me, dear friends... and I promise to eat an extra taco for you :)

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, shrimp tacos!!!
    And see, they did put it up right in the middle of the square. My foreign language skills for reading banners are really good. I would have loved to see this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place just gets more and more ridiculous the longer we're here.... you would've gotten a kick out of it, for sure.

      Delete
  2. Ok. Margaritas in Orillia next weekend. Violeta ir Tomukas.

    ReplyDelete