Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Bits

26 weeks and an ice cream cone

The highlight of our weekend, by far, was dinner on Friday night with friends who were passing through Belgium on their way home from Lithuania. (I'm really loving the Brussels layovers, btw... it's such a fun way to squeeze in a quick visit!) We met them at their hotel in Brussels for cheese and drinks, then crossed town to a little restaurant we love for a fantastic meal. We nearly missed our train back to Leuven, but we sprinted through the train station and down the stairs to the platform, jumping onto the train just as the doors were closing... The rest of the weekend was spent recovering from that intense run :)

Here's a glimpse...

the lovely couple
saturday morning omelettes 
roast chicken and potatoes  
sunday morning muffins

Apparently all we did was eat... which, honestly, isn't far from the truth. There was also some drinking. My darling Didz came home from the store one afternoon with some beers... he even thought of me:

pregnancy beer

Happy Monday! Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. The new look!! Loving it!! A glowing, stunning, sweet first photo there my dear :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog a few months ago, absolutely loved it and then lost it. I finally found it again tonight and I see you're pregnant and it's going to be a girl :-) Little girls rock! Congratulations for the both of you! Being a mama/papa is the best thing ever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet note! We are very excited to welcome this little girl into the world. She's already the light of my life, and I look forward to all the adventures we'll have together... :)

      Delete