Monday, February 6, 2012

Crostini, and Endives, and Wine... Oh My!


Last week, Didz had a crazy schedule. Thursday night he had barely a 30 minute break between class and an evening event to come home for dinner. Since I was already planning to have my friend Anna over for wine and cheese that night, I decided to invite a few of the guys over to munch on some appetizers before (and after) their event. My goal was to make a selection of finger foods that would be both healthy and easy to eat given the limited time they had. Aside from the usual cheese plate, I made Crostini, Shrimp and Endive Salad Bites, Caprese Skewers, and a Rosemary Potato Pizza.


I plan on tweaking the Rosemary Potato Pizza recipe I used - so I'll share the new and improved version with you in a few days, but below is the recipe for the Shrimp and Endive Salad Bites (shared by Mama - taken from Martha Stewart Living magazine):



Sprimp and Endive Salad Bites
Makes approx. 24

20 Medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 tbsp Lime juice
2 tbsp Scallions, chopped
1 Jalapeno, chopped (I omitted this and sprinkled in a generous amount of red pepper flakes)
1 tsp Sea salt
1/2 Avocado
2-3 Small Belgian Endives

Cook shrimp in boiling water for 1 minute
Cut into 1/4in. pieces
In a bowl, mix shrimp, lime juice, jalapeno, salt
Refrigerate for 30 minutes
Cut avocado into 1/4in. pieces and fold into shrimp mixture
Add 1 tsp of salad onto each endive leaf

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment