Friday, February 24, 2012

Sweet Potato Patties

I've been on a bit of a sweet potato kick recently - which is odd since I've never been particularly fond of them (though, that said, I've been caught stealing sweet potato fries off Didz's plate once or twice). These sweet potato patties that I made the other night were delicious and filling! They'd make a great veggie burger substitute, but we ate them bun-less with a side of brussel sprouts. Next time, I think I'd make them much smaller, like little medallions, instead of burger sized.


Sweet Potato Patties:

3 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup flour
salt
pepper
I added a few dashes of cayenne, too
bread crumbs

Wash, peel and quarter sweet potatoes - sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil and roast for about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and place in medium sized mixing bowl, add beans and mash together until smooth (it may or may not resemble baby diarrhea at this point... yuck! sorry!). Add honey, flour, salt pepper and cayenne and mash until combined. Form into patties, generously cover in bread crumbs and pan fry until golden brown.

Enjoy! And have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh what a great idea! As for the baby diarrhea comment, unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete